Total Pageviews

Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Quote by Lao Tzu and Heraclitus



My teachings are very easy to understand and to practice; yet there is no one in the world who is able either to understand or to practice them. This is because my teachings have an originating principle and arise from an integrated system. This is not understood, so I am unknown.
- Lao Tzu 6th century B.C.(Gi-ming Shien, trans.)

Of the Logos, which is as I describe it, people always prove to be uncomprehending, both before and after they have heard it. For although all things happen according to this Logos, people behave as if they have no experience, even when they experience such words and deeds as I explain, when I distinguish each thing according to its constitution and declare how it is. The rest of humanity fails to notice what they do after they wake up just as they forget what they do when asleep.
- Heraclitus (535 – 475 B.C.)


Source:


Christ The Eternal Tao, Hiermonk Damascene, Valaam Books 1999. pg29

No comments:

Post a Comment