Total Pageviews

Search This Blog

Thursday, June 27, 2013

Holy Communion Prayers - St. Basil "The Great"





 

Prayers Before Holy Communion

 

I believe, O Lord, and I confess, that

You are truly the Christ, the Son of the

living God, Who came into the world

to save sinners, of whom I am the first.

I also believe that this is Your

immaculate Body, and that this is Your

precious Blood. Therefore, I pray to

You: have mercy on me, and forgive

me my transgressions, those voluntary

and involuntary, those in word, those in

deed, those in knowledge and those in

ignorance; and make me worthy to

partake of Your immaculate Mysteries

without condemnation, for the

remission of sins and to eternal life.

 

Behold, I approach for divine

Communion;

O Creator, burn me not as I partake;

For You are Fire burning the

unworthy.

But rather cleanse me from every

impurity.

 

Of Your Mystical Supper, O Son of

God, receive me today as a

communicant; for I will not speak of

the Mystery to Your enemies; nor will I

give a kiss to You, as did Judas; but

like the thief I confess to You:

Remember me O Lord, in Your

Kingdom.

 

Beholding the deifying Blood, O man,

be awe-stricken;

For it is a fiery Coal burning the

unworthy.

The divine Body deifies and

nourishes me;

It deifies the spirit, and wondrously

nourishes the mind.

 

You have smitten me with yearning, O

Christ, and by Your divine love You

have changed me; but burn away my

sins with immaterial Fire, and make me

worthy to be filled with delight in You;

that, rejoicing, O good One, I may

magnify Your two presences.

 

How shall I the unworthy enter into the

radiance of Your saints? If I dare to

enter into the bridal chamber, my

garment exposes me, because it is not

for the wedding feast, and bound I shall

be cast out by the Angels; O Lord,

cleanse the pollution of my soul, and

save me, for You love mankind.

 

O Master Who loves mankind, O Lord

Jesus Christ my God, do not let these

Holy Gifts be for judgment because of

my unworthiness, but for the cleansing

and sanctification of both soul and

body, and for a pledge of the future life

and Kingdom. For it is good for me to

cleave to God, to put the hope of my

salvation in the Lord.


thanks to source:




pg49-

No comments:

Post a Comment