Total Pageviews

Search This Blog

Thursday, March 2, 2017

Quote by Kyriacos Markides & Thomas Aquinas ~ Philosophy as straw



 The end of all my labors has come. All that I have written appears to me as much straw after the things that have been revealed to me.

(St. Thomas Aquinas)

Having studied to some extent the works of Saint Thomas Aquinas, I could not but marvel at his genius and the breadth of his knowledge. But even he had to declare, after being catapulted into an ecstatic state during a religious service, that what he had written up to that point was trivial compared to what had experienced in that state of illumination. After that episode, and until his death a year later, Saint Thomas never wrote another page.


The Mountain of Silence, by Kyriacos Markides
http://www.orthodoxchristianity.net/forum/index.php?topic=23517.15;wap2

No comments:

Post a Comment