Total Pageviews

Search This Blog

Monday, February 13, 2017

Quote by St. Nicholas of Japan ~ on Holy Tradition of The Church




   Sometimes Japanese protestants come to me and ask me to clarify some place in the Holy Scriptures. "You have your own missionary teachers," I tell them, "Go ask them. What do they say?" "We have asked them. They say: understand as you know how. But I need to know the real thought of God, not my own personal opinion." ... It's not like that with us. Everything is clear, trustworthy and simple, since we accept Holy Tradition in addition to the Holy Scriptures. And Holy Tradition is a living, unbroken voice of our Church from the time of Christ and His Apostles until now, and which will exist until the end of the world. In it all the meaning of the Holy Scriptures are preserved.

(St. Nicholas of Japan, Diary, January 15, 1897)


from:

http://orthodox.cn/patristics/300sayings_en.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment